2. Here’s something that you never realized:
3. While we’re at it, here’s some more famous voice actors:
That’s Carlos Alazraqui (Reno 911) and Rocko from Rocko’s Modern Life, Jessica Walter (Arrested Development) and Fran from Dinosaurs, and James Avery (Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince) and Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
4. Here’s the right way to eat a cupcake:
5. And cheetos:
6. Now get ready to have your childhood mind blown:
9. DID YOU KNOW? The “YKK” on your zipper stands for “Yoshida Kogyo Kabushikigaisha:”
10. DID YOU KNOW? 3.14 is PIE backwards:
11. DID YOU KNOW? The dot over over an “i” is called a “tittle:”
12. DID YOU KNOW? Cashews grow like this:
13. And pineapples like this:
14. Before we move on, here’s the ending to “Inception” explained:
15. Now let’s shrink things down. Here’s what velcro looks like close up:
16. Here’s what chalk looks like under a microscope:
17. And here’s what sand looks like under a microscope:
18. Speaking of sand, there are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach on Earth:
Thanks to Carl Sagan for this knowledge.
19. If you shrunk the Sun down to the size of a white blood cell and shrunk the Milky Way Galaxy down using the same scale, it would be the size of the continental United States:
20. Speaking of things that are huge, a Blue Whale’s heart is so big, a small child can swim through the veins:
21. There’s enough water in Lake Superior to cover all of North and South America in one foot of water:
22. Here’s the true size of Africa:
23. And the Pacific Ocean:
24. Let’s think bigger: If you dug a hole to the center of the Earth and dropped a book down, it would take 45 minutes to reach the bottom:
25. Here’s what Jupiter would look like if it were the same distance to Earth as the Moon:
26. And here’s what a sunset on Mars looks like:
Too much? Just breathe:
27. DID YOU KNOW? There are more bacteria cells in your body than actual body cells:
Anywhere from 2 to 9 pounds of them. We’re more bacteria than we are human!
28. DID YOU KNOW? John Tyler, the 10th President of the United States, has a grandson that’s alive today:
John Tyler had a son, Lyon, when he was 63. Lyon had a son, Harrison Tyler, at 75.
29. DID YOU KNOW? A compressed spring weighs more than a relaxed one:
30. JUST THINK: We know more about the surface of the moon than the bottom of the ocean:
31. Speaking of the ocean, there are more atoms in a glass of water than glasses of water in all the oceans on Earth:
Now let’s talk about time:
36. Speaking of time: The Ottoman Empire still existed the last time the Chicago Cubs won a World Series:
37. Keep this in mind, too:
Mind not blown yet? Things are about to get REAL:
38. The Great Pyramid was built circa 2560 BC…
… and Cleopatra lived 69 BC – 30 BC…
… and the first Moon landing was in 1969, AD…
… which means Cleopatra lived closer to the Moon landing than she did to the building of the Great Pyramid.
39. Speaking of the pyramids, they were as old to the Romans as the Romans are to us:
40. Should we keep going? The difference in time between when Tyrannosaurus Rex and Stegosaurus lived is greater than the difference in time between Tyrannosaurus Rex and now:
41. Here’s one more: In 1903 the Wright Brothers flew for the first time…
…38 years later, in 1941, the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor…
… and 28 years later, in 1969, man landed on the Moon.
That’s 66 years.